Friday, January 2, 2009

Cleaning the girls room....

Today the girls and I started on their room. I decided to have them bring down all their clothes so we could go through them in the living room. It was much easier that way. Usually I just keep everything in their room, but that doesn't give us much space.

I had them go through stuff and get rid of stuff they don't wear, stained, ect. we ended up with 2 outdoor leaf size bags of clothes to give away (we thew away the bad stuff). Hopefully that will make a big difference in managing their clothes. We are still going through all their toys, I am taking a break and then I'll join them again.

My oldest daughter is working on the boys room. She's good! She is 14 (almost 15) and has no regrets when it comes to getting rid of someone elses stuff! lol However, I now have a ton of laundry to do from stuff she is finding in the boys' room. I knew Ezra had some clothes!

I am excited about the change, just don't like the fact that to get stuff really clean we have to really mess stuff up :-) I was wanting to do this over Christmas break, but I got sick, then different things kept going around the house. So my goal is to try and have it done by Monday night. My husband took Monday off, so Tuesday we'll start school back up. Which after having the break, I need to get back on track with that too! Well I'd better take one thing at a time and concentrate on their rooms. My biggest problem is I start looking at everything that needs to be done and then start trying to do too many at one time and I never really ever get one thing done well. But! No more! A new year and a new attitude!

No comments: