Monday, January 5, 2009

Please tell me they aren't all yours....

I have eight children so I think I have heard just about all the comments out there that rude people can come up with. On another day I might even list some, but I don't have much time. I don't remember stuff like I use to, so I figured I had better post this before I forgot!

Today my husband had the day off and we went into town to buy 2 of them shoes. We tried Wal-Mart... nothing. Then we went to K-Mart.... well we got Zachary a pair of shoes there and went to check out. The cashier next to the line we were in leans over her booth (in her boy as can be short hair cut) and starts pointing her finger at each child and verbally counts them. She gets louder with each number and stops at 7. Then she proceeds to say "Wow, that's a lot of kids, tell me your babysitting." I said "No". She then says "Please tell me they are not all yours!" I said "Yep! They are all mine" Honestly I don't remember at the moment what else she said. I just stood there, smiling and waiting to get out of there. I wish I could be bold and stand up to people like that. At least think of something to say, but then I figure that it wouldn't make a difference anyways.

I guess I really don't understand people. Why does it matter how many children a person has. And what does it matter to her? Why in the world would anyone say please tell me.... I don't get it. After over 10 years of hearing it, I still don't get it. When I had my last child, he was born 6 1/2 weeks premature. I was sent by ambulance to Tulsa to have him taken by an emergency c-section at a hospital that could handle that premature of babies. I was in the hospital for 8 or 9 days, and during the middle of the stay I ended up having a group of doctors to help control my blood pressure, ect. and this young lady doctor who was the main one I had to talk to, comes in one night and proceeds to tell me she was from a large family and that she believes it must be an addiction!!!!! WHAT! A doctor telling someone who hadn't even got to see her son, that it must be an addiction for women to have that many babies.... WEll that's a whole nother long story, see I ment to post a couple of paragraphs and now I could write all night long. Guess I shouldn't have brought up those feelings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I noticed that you are linking to my old blog. I'm going to add you to my blog roll now that I've discovered your blog, so feel free to link to my new blog if you like: define-irony.blogspot.com

Ladies who love soulwinning! said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

Zsuzsanna said...

Great post! People can be so rude. Why is it anyone's business how many children you have?!?

I accidentally hit "reject" on your comment on my post on SIDS... ooops! I was going to copy and paste the text and publish it as a comment, if that's ok with you.