Friday, January 9, 2009

Knitting - Scarf



I learned how to knit when I was in third grade. Off and on I get the urge to knit. When I was in third grade I made a chicken shaped pin holder, pot holder, and house slippers. I've always wanted to knit something big, just never have had the time.

Three years ago, I started knitting again. I made dish clothes in several different patterns. Then I put it all away and only until recently did I get the urge to knit again. I made some dish clothes for Christmas gifts and then started on this scarf, that is being modeled my Nehemiah. He liked it so much that I gave it to him.

For this scarf I used Lion Brand Homespun yarn and size 13 knitting needles. I cast on 15 stitches, and knit the whole thing. It used less than one skein of yarn. I didn't make this one with a fringe edge, but for the girls's scarfs I will.

I am now in the process of making a scarf for Rebekah and one for Elizabeth. I'll post them when I get them finished. I am really enjoying knitting again and the girls are having fun learning. These projects are easy to take with you where ever you go, so even when I'm sitting around waiting on someone or something, I can accomplish something at the same time!




No comments: