Saturday, January 17, 2009

Knitting Scarf #2 & Raw Milk












I got Rebekah's scarf completed last night on the way to a dairy (about an hour trip) to get raw milk and raw cream. The milk there is wonderful and the cream very, very yummy :-) The dairy is right on the outskirts of Claremore, OK . I wanted to linger there a bit to look at their stuff (even though its not a lot), but they were very busy, so we got 6 gallons of raw milk 2 pints of raw cream, cheeses and cheese curds (a wonderful snack!). We have never been there, but have had their milk and cheese when at a friends house. They have a long narrow room where the cows get milked at that has a full glass front. We parked in front of that and one of my boys got excited when he saw the cows in front of us. Rebekah says "silly, those aren't real cows they're fake!" I turned to her and said those are the real cows and she had the cutest surprised look on her face and seemed embarrassed. Anyway, it was cute!

It's been about six years since we used to drive to a dairy out in the country, around 40 minutes from our house. I would load up two coolers and six - gallon jars. They would let me go in and fill the jars up from their big stainless still tank. Then I'd leave $1.50 per gallon on a small table and leave. I miss those days. I think there is nothing better than raw milk. The taste is indescribably better and I believe it's a lot better for you.

After we got back in town the girls and I had a Keepers of the Faith meeting where we are making cards for orphans in Romania. Then when we got home from that I added the fringe. I had never put fringe on anything; it really seemed to dress it up. This scarf was made with an eyelash yarn, size 13 needles and 15 stitches across. It took excatly the entire skein to make it with the fringe.















No comments: